Bauer recently got back from the 2009 Bauer Athlete Summit so apologies on the delay in getting back to your questions. Please keep them coming in and we'll respond as soon as possible. On to round two of Q & A.
1. Robert: What skates feel the most like the ONE90's? What would you prefer for a skate that is most comfortable? Any one answer!! PLEASE
The Supreme ONE95's will be the closest skate that resembles the ONE90. The Supreme series is built with an anatomical fit with zero-negative space. You can learn more about the Supreme ONE95 here.
2. Ian: Is it possible to change the blade on the Supreme ONE35 by removing the nut under the heel end of the insole?
The stainless blade on the ONE35 is injected with the holder so it is all one piece. The whole holder/blade can be removed and replaced but not the blade by itself.
3. Chenin: What do skate sizes D, R, and EE mean?
D is our standard width, EE is our wider width. R is used as a general sizing for price point skates
4. Chris: How can i find itech gear because their site is missing and on the bauer site there is no itech merchendise.
Hi Chris, when Bauer purchased Itech not all of the Itech gear was kept and transfered over. There are still a large amount of Itech products that have been re-branded to Bauer that live on bauer.com. For example, all the Itech face shields are now Bauer branded. Goalie masks, goal pads, and protective accessories have also been re-branded to Bauer.
5. Matt: Will you guys ever get a german flag for an option for the nike bauer id? Cause im german, but there is no german flag.
Currently there are no plans to add the German flag immediately to the Bauer iD site but as we look to improve the site and expand the options available to the consumers, it is something that has been identified and it is something we are certainly considering.
6. Skippy: Do you have plans for a newer, advanced helmet beyond the 9500 coming out anytime soon?
Yes, our new elite level helmet will be released in the spring of 2010. We can't release the name or details of it yet, but it is on the way.
7. Derek: is the new stick thats coming out in October gonna be able to be like 195s were u can get it all custom?
Yes, the new Vapor X:60 stick will be available to make custom orders, just like the ONE95 and Vapor XXXX.
8. John: How can I get custom one95 skates I need left foot 8.5 and right 7.5? Any extra charge for this?
Custom skates can be ordered through his/her local pro shop. There is an additional up-charge for this [$80 USD]
9. Matthew: This may be a dumb question, but I do not see anything that lists what the differences between the X:60, X:50 and X:40. SO what is it?
Hi Matthew, check out the skates in the gear section. You can click on each individual skate, click on "specs" and see the exact differences between the skates.
Thanks for all the questions, keep them coming and we'll do our best to get an answer for you.