- We use the latest encryption technology (Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL) to secure your personal information. The information you provide when you place an order is encrypted (or coded) using a secure server for maximum security. This coding makes it extremely difficult for anyone to reach your information as it moves through our ordering system.
- Certain browsers will not allow communication through secure servers. If this is the case, you won't be able to place an order online. If you have any problems placing an order online please print your shopping page and place your order by phone at 1 (800) 555 0199. Please note that calls to 1 (800) 555 0199 that are not made from a UK landline may be subject to a charge.
- To check the security of your computer, look at the lower right-hand corner of your browser window if you are using Internet Explorer. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock, then the encryption technology is active and the server is secure. You can also check by looking at the URL line of your browser; when you access a secure server, the initial characters of the site address will be "https."
- The security features are automatic, and always on. You don't have to do anything but shop. Clicking "Checkout" on any page is all it takes to get started in our secure checkout process.
- Once you've clicOnce you've clicked the "Continue Checkout" button, your browser looks for a digital certificate to confirm that it's communicating with our website. Once a positive identification is made, your order will continue securely. ked the "Continue Checkout" button, your browser looks for a digital certificate to confirm that it's communicating with our website. Once a positive identification is made, your order will continue securely.
- Most of the pages on our website provide information about Bauer and our products. We make this information available freely and there's no reason for these pages to be "secure." The pages that we make secure are the ones on which you actually submit purchasing data such as when managing your account, checking your order status, or within the "Checkout" area. For example, the entire checkout process, from introduction to final confirmation, is completely secure.
- All of your information is encrypted before it's transmitted across the Internet, then decoded only after it arrives at our secure servers.